Follow by Email

Tuesday, 30 October 2012

Mushroom soup and laverbread cakes.

I'd seen Wade make this dish on Masterchef Australia and my friend Jen had made it and raved about it so I gave it a go too.
It's really mushroomy and delicious, and warming.
I didn't do the croutons, just whizzed up some porcini in the blender and sprinkled over the soup.
It's very easy too.
Wade's mushroom soup
Now, a few months back I bought some laverbread, that's a welsh seaweed.  I had been wondering what to do with it for a while, and since we like interesting accompaniments with our soup I though I'd have a go at these laverbread cakes.
One change I made was to cook a couple of chopped rashers of bacon and add to them.
Niamh wasn't that keen but I loved them.  I thought the taste of the laverbread was sort of like seaweedy spinach, with a hint of capers.  Very interesting.  I have two tins left so any ideas what to make with it would be great!


No comments:

Post a Comment