Saturday 21 July 2012

Chicken Parmo

These came up recently in a discussion on a food forum I use.  I had heard of them, being from the north east myself, but had never tasted one before.  I'd also seen them on Jen's blog, and thougnt it was time to give them a go.
Origins of the parmo
I used flattenned chicken breasts, I bashed them with a rolling pin, coated in flour, egg and panko breadcrumbs, and deep fried for arpound 15-20 minutes.
These are then topped with a bechamel sauce, covered in grated cheddar and put in the oven untill the cheese melts.
I made coleslaw to go with these.
I used kale instead of cabbage, as we hadn't tried it before, and then the usual grated carrot and sliced onion.
I also tried a new dressing for it that I'd had bookmarked for sometime.
Buttermilk, garlic salad dressing. It was delicious, I'll make it again, definitely.


No comments:

Post a Comment