Sunday 2 December 2012

Thanksgiving dinner

I've always wanted to try a traditional Thanksgiving meal, and knew the only way I'd get to was to cook it myself, so I did, on the Sunday following Thanksgiving, which also happened to be my 35th birthday!
The meat was a turkey thigh joint, which I slow cooked all day and then put in the oven to crisp the skin.  It was really tasty, and not dry which turkey can be.
The sides I served were sweet potato casserole with marshmallows
Green bean casserole
Mashed potato, stuffing-good old paxo!, cranberry sauce from a jar and bread sauce

This was a lot of food, with a lot of leftovers (post to follow on that)
Delicious, except for the marshmallow topping on the sweet potatoes, which was just weird.
It looks a bit of a sloppy mess served up but then I think most roast meals do.





No comments:

Post a Comment